Browsing through Sephora, I stumbled upon a Brown Sugar scrub made by Fresh, with a retail value of $38.00 for 7.1oz or $65.00 for 14.1oz. Yikes! That’s expensive for just some body scrub that you wash off in the shower.
So here is a very simple recipe for making your own brown sugar body scrub / polish at home and for under $5
1. Pure Glycerin – $1 at CVS
2. Brown Sugar (light or dark) $2
4. Small Plastic Jar with Lid – $2 (Walmart)
Here are the steps:
1. Measure 3/4 cup of glycerin
2. Measure 2 cups of brown sugar
3. Measure 1/4 cup of water
4. Mix well
5. Refrigerate until it hardens into a thick paste
6. Remove from fridge and store at room temp (wait until it’s not too cold!)
7. Your scrub is ready to use!
How to use:
1. Apply scrub to damp skin
2. Scrub the polish, focusing on dry skin areas
3. Wash off by rinsing with water
4. Pat dry
You will be surprised at how smooth your skin will feel! This is great for scrubbing callous areas of your feet for an at-home pedicure, or it can make a great extra holiday gift! Attach a little ribbon on your plastic jar and…voila! You have a lovely beauty product that truly does a great job, smells good, and hardly cost you a thing!